Presented by BizGen and The Derryfield School
Ages: Rising 9 - 12th graders Dates: July 27 - August 7, 2020 Time: 9:30 am - 12:00 pm (with daily asynchronous group assignments) Cost: $390 for two weeks
Learn to think like an entrepreneur and what it takes for an entrepreneur to thrive.
STEM Entrepreneurship VC is an unprecedented opportunity for entrepreneurial teens to explore the way businesses leverage STEM and design thinking to solve problems amidst the current global turmoil. If ever there was a time to study what it takes to be an entrepreneur and forge your own path in a world where robots and AI are ubiquitous, this is it.
Under the leadership of Dr. Marco Masoni, former Dean of Innovation at The Derryfield School and an experienced startup founder and consultant, students will learn both the basics of launching a new business and how to factor in the many unknowns brought on by the coronavirus pandemic.
And if you’re interested in becoming a STEM Entrepreneur, this is the program for you. Entrepreneurs need to be passionate and persistent risk takers – the rewards, however, can be phenomenal. Autonomy, marketable skills, personal gratification and a chance to put a dent in the world, to name a few.
Our 2 week STEM Entrepreneurship Virtual Camp combines live video conferences with asynchronous teamwork using the same tools that businesses are successfully employing to make remote work possible. The curriculum combines lean startup and Google design sprint methodologies used by leading companies around the world to offer dynamic activities and learning experiences:
- Jumpstart and grow your skills as a STEM Entrepreneur capable of creatively solving problems and changing lives
- Tackle real-world business challenges using real-world problem solving and collaborative methods
- From marketing to finance and business strategy, explore how existing companies handle critical business decisions and new companies develop and test their product ideas
- Connect with successful entrepreneurs about their experiences and get their feedback about your ideas
- No specific technical or coding knowledge is necessary for this program.
If you go back a few hundred years, what we take for granted today would seem like magic-being able to talk to people over long distances, to transmit images, flying, accessing vast amounts of data like an oracle. These are all things that would have been considered magic a few hundred years ago.
— Elon Musk